Friday, April 23, 2010

GIFT FROM THE SEA by Anne Morrow Lindberg

I love to read and my new book is so good and thought provoking that I read a chapter and then find myself re-reading it again before I move on to the next. It is a good thing that it is a short book. I am so glad that I found this book, it is one that every woman should read and ponder. There are so many little pearls of wisdom to be found within it's pages.
I LOVED THIS QUOTE...IT'S HOW I FEEL
"The shape of my life is determined by many things, my background and childhood, my mind and its education, my conscience and its pressures, my heart and its desires. I want to give and take from my children and husband, to share with friends and community, to carry out my obligations to man and to the world, as a woman, as an artist, as a citizen. But I want first of all-in fact, as an end to these other desires--to be at peace with myself. I want a singleness of eye, a purity of intention, a central core to my life that will enable me to carry out these obligations and activities as well as I can."

Now what you need to understand that this book was written in 1955 and is applicable to our lives today as she thought it was to her 55 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment