Sunday, June 10, 2012

Still landscaping

We are anticipating a wedding in our backyard this summer and so we have been trying to complete some of the spaces that didn't get completed last year. Here is a look at some of OUR progress.....

We didnt finish the stone wall last year because we weren't sure what we wanted.  So we finished the wall and planted some quakies and a cute little pine tree.

I wanted to plant something that after it has grown some would soften the rock wall and fill in the bare space so I chose a snowball bush because I think they are so pretty.  Little did I know that my mom has fond memories of the snowball bush that grew at Grandma Craguns house.

We had a corner in the upper part of the yard that we were wavering on... Plants or water feature?  Well as you can see the plants won out.  We had to take the fence down for a few weeks for some repair and while it was out we had a huge rock hauled in and found a cute weeping tree, but for the life of me I can't remember its name, but it is cute.  I also planted some carpet roses, the only kind of roses that I feel I am capable of taking care of.


I am lucky to have the best landscaper in town.   He loves working in the yard as much as I do.


Things are starting to bloom and the yard is looking great.  We have a couple more projects that need to be completed.  We will see how it goes.  If we work as hard at the yard as Jessica is on her wedding plans then neither one of them is going to get done on time.

2 comments: