Saturday, June 16, 2012

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES

Last weekend was totally rotten, lately we have had some really crazy temperature swings,  but today is such a beautiful day the sun is shining and it feels great to be outside.  I however, didn't do a lot today,  I've felt a little lazy compared to others in my family, ie.. Ben who rode a century ride (100 miles) on his Bike in Walla Walla and Brandon who ran yet another Ragnar,  3 legs of the Wasatch Back from Logan to Park City which takes 2 days and Jeff who work most of the day building a railroad tie wall.   Now you understand.  But I did get some flower pots planted, my laundry and grocery shopping done, ok now I feel better, I did do something although much less significant.


You might wonder about my blog title....let me share with you the weather from last weekend. Jeff and I went up to Grand Teton National Park and decided to do the hike around Jennys lake. It's not really a hike because there is not much elevation change but we experienced many changes in the weather in three hours we were out.

When we started out it was heavy clouds but we could see the other side of the lake.  However, as we continued around the lake the clouds became more and more ominous.
 We got rained on, snowed on and then every once in awhile the clouds would lift and we would be able to see  across the lake again.  It was so much fun I am glad Jeff made me get out of the car and go even in the sketchy weather.  We were soaked when we got through, but so much fun.




 I have a great hiking buddy and he is going to take me back to the park in a couple of weeks to do something I have never done, but have

always wanted to do. We are going repelling off the rocks at the top of hidden waterfall on the other side of Jennys Lake. I can't wait. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment