Monday, May 24, 2010

SPENDING TIME WITH BEN AND MICHELLE

We had such a fun  week last week.  Ben and Michelle came up and spent several days with us while they are in their transition phase.  They have moved out of their apartment in Logan and are waiting to go back to the Uintahs to work for the summer and had no place to stay.  How excited I was to have them here with us.  I always love it when my kids come home, it is so much fun and we all just love being together.  Ben and Jeff spent several nights in the garage working on the ongoing rock crawler transformation, 4 or 5 years  in the works, I think,  I'm not sure anymore. I do know however, that it is continually morphing into something "bigger" and better.  Michelle and I enjoyed being together and we actually each had a book that we wanted to read and because neither one of us get the time to read like we want we spent time reading and relaxing, which felt really good.  Jessica did Michelles toenails and we had a girl night, eating movie candy and watching Where the Wild Things Are.  Oh, Lexie also joined us, I think more for the candy than the movie!  And as far as the movie goes, this might have been a childrens book, but it was not a childrens movie and will not be going in my grandma movie library.  I really don't know how to describe this movie only that it was basically a childrens book made into a movie for adults.  It was not what I was expecting at all. Ben and Michelle were so great to help out with some yard work, and put in our bark in the front yard and it looks great.  Thanks Kids!  I know that it would be nice living closer to my kids, but I realize that when we get together for these short periods of time, it is quality time and we make the most of every minute together.
I love, love, love it when the kids come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment