Monday, February 7, 2011

MY MOM



THIS LAST WEEK I HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF ENJOYING THE COMPANY OF MY MOM, AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. OVER THE YEARS, I HAVE FOUND IT BECOMING MORE AND MORE DIFFICULT FINDING AND SPENDING QUALITY TIME WITH MY MOM AND TIME IS PRECIOUS. LAST WEEKEND JEFF HAD TO GO TO PARK CITY FOR A SKI RACE AND SO I STAYED WITH MOM AND ON SUNDAY WE LOADED MOM IN THE CAR AND OFF TO IDAHO WE WENT. I KNEW THAT SHE WAS HESITANT TO COME FOR A WHOLE WEEK, BECAUSE SOME DAYS SHE DOESN'T FEEL AS GOOD AS OTHERS, BUT MY GOAL WAS TO KEEP HER BUSY . EVEN THOUGH I DID HAVE TO WORK A LITTLE I KNEW THAT WITH JEFF AND JESSICA IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE SHE WOULDN'T BE ALONE MUCH AND OF COURSE LEXIE IS ALWAYS THERE. HERE IS A BRIEF ITINERARY OF WHAT WE DID:
Monday: Visit to the IF visitors center for Family Night to see the Mark Mabry "Reflections of Christ" display. If you haven't seen his photography you need to check it out.
Tuesday: Beth came up to play
Wednesday: Took Mom to see Dr. Black to get her toenails trimmed, -who knew that when your old enough Medicare will pay to have the Dr. trim your toenails? She had never had this done before so I figured it was time to have a little foot evaluation. Dr. Black was so impressed how healthy and spry mom was for her age. We went to lunch and then shopping at Macys and she wouldn't leave until we went to Dillards.


MOM MODELING A FEW OF HER MANY SWEATER PURCHASES

Thursday: Mom woke with a headache, but we had a hair appt. to go to. We made quiche for lunch and spent the rest of the day at home. Beth and I worked on our "winter" wall hangings. Went to Johnny Carinos for dinner and then watched Secretariat that night.
Friday: We went to the Prepared Pantry one of my favorite places and I thought Beth would enjoy it. We finished our wall hangings and then made tutu's for our grandbabies. I WAS SURPRISED HOW FAST THE WEEK WENT AND WE HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME AND BETH IS ALWAYS A GOOD MOTIVATOR FOR ME TO GET PROJECTS DONE. MOM HAD A GOOD TIME AND I AM HOPING THAT I CAN GET HER BACK UP HERE WHEN THE WEATHER IS WARMER AND WE CAN SPEND SOME TIME OUTSIDE.

2 comments: