Friday, February 11, 2011

DAY OFF

So I had today off and a lot of great intentions to get some things done. My main goal was to make a "quilted postcard", something I have always wanted to try. However, since I really don't do much sewing, and I didn't have any fabric on hand and knew I would have to go to the fabric store and buy some fabric and by last night the idea was stressing me out. I called Becky and we decided that I could do the same idea with paper and since I like scrapbooking that seemed like the best way to go for me. I once heard that people who think they are multi-taskers are really just unorganized since they can't focus long enough to finish a project. That was me today. I started out the day stressing out about my valentine and because I didn't have a firm idea I just couldn't get started so I started to bake. I baked a cake to make Yummy cake balls this weekend, I made rice pudding and bran bread. Still little was jelling for my card. I knew it had to get in the mail today or it wouldn't get there in time. My ideas started slowly and after I ran some errands and did some laundry I finally finished my card and as I got out of the car at the post office there in front of me was a penny, heads up, maybe, just maybe my card will get there in time and in one piece.
I don't know why this happens to me, but it does especially on my days off, I just have so much I want to do that I get disappointed when I can't get it all done.
Click Here for the link to Becky's blog to get the how-to for making the fabric Postcards. It really is a fun idea and someday soon I will make one out of fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment