Wednesday, June 5, 2013

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

I know that sometimes I wonder why I can't make it down to my sewing room to work on any of my projects and Karen asked me the other day if I had been down there and I had to say no and then I started reflecting on what I am doing that is keeping me so busy and away from doing the projects that are waiting for me in my sewing room.

Brief overview of the last couple days:
Saturday
9:00am:  Headed to Lower Palisades lake trail for a day hike
3:00pm:  Finished hike and headed home
4:00pm:  Town and Country gardens to purchase a couple plants for the yard
6-8ish:    Fixed dinner, worked in yard
9:00pm:  showered
Exhausted after hike, I think I just hung out while Jeff watched Hatfield and Mccoys, I would not recommend this show unless you like a lot of old fashioned Western killings because there was a lot of that and I really disliked this show.
Sunday
Til 1:00:  Fixed dinner, got ready for church and misc. things around the house
1-4:00:   Church
4-6pm:   Dinner
6-7:30:  YSA fireside (one of the things that was touched on in this fireside was that one of the tools that satan uses to keep us from doing the things we should do is to keep us busy doing other things.  I know this is true for me and I have decided that on Wednesdays, since I get off work early, I go to the temple.  If you don't plan it won' happen and I know that before I could always find something else to do, but if I put a dress on in the morning I know I will go.
7:30-8:30  Visit with friends
Wind down and get ready for monday, finished laundry  ( have to be sure the underwear is done before Jeff leaves for the week :) ), talked to kids on the phone etc.

Monday
6:00am:  Get up, exercise till 7:00
7-8:15am:  Get ready for work
8:30-5:00:  Work
6:00-7:00:  Gym
Fixed dinner, laundry, talked to my mom and Michelle on the phone, Put preparedness binder together, made a few more invitations for YSA on sunday. I dont what else I did but I didnt get into the shower until 10:30 and went to bed.

Tuesday
7:00- get ready for work, ran an errand before work
9:15-5:30  Work
after work:  UPS store to ship a box,  Fred Meyers to get pineapples 10/$10, groceries and potting soil
Home:  Planted plant out front, pulled weeds for a bit, watered garden,
fixed dinner, timmed and cut up 6 pineapples to freeze for smoothies, made treats for neighbors and
YSA on sunday. Took polish off nails, ( you would think that is easy but with gel polish it takes forever)
cleaned up kitchen, folded and put away laundry (always have laundry washing or drying or ironing)
10:30pm Went to bed.

Today Schedule
Work-12:30
Temple
Bank set up CD, make a return at Sams club
Gas in car
3:30 eye appt
5:15 gym
7:00 RS meeting

Enough said, I am busy and I dont even have kids at home, I don't know how I would be able to do that any more.  But this is why I don't have time to sew.  Ugh sew sad. (pun intended).
Sometime it doesnt seem like I do a lot after work, but when I dont get home till after 7 because of the gym or running errands and such, the couple hours that I have left just aren't enough to get a whole lot done. :(

Next week Dr. is on vacation.  I am planning a few days in Utah and I am taking my sewing machine, we will see if I have any time to sew at night at Karens.  I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment