Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Finding Joy in the Journey

When I saw this today on facebook I knew that I needed to post it on my blog.  
I have a new church calling and to say it has been challenging is an understatement.  I have great people on my board, but because of the differences in personalities I feel like sometimes I am either getting side swiped or bullied a little into doing things  their way.  This is my calling and I don't ever want anyone to think that things should be my way or the highway, however, if I feel compelled that things should roll a certain way, maybe it is because they should, maybe and I say this because I feel that I am entitled to inspiration, things should go a certian direction for the benefit the sisters of my ward.  I know that I can be a strong personality, but in situations like this I tend to roll over and let people walk on me for the sake of not causing any feelings especially because this is a church calling.  I want to keep the peace, but it leaves me a wreck on the inside and I have been in tears since Sunday over just planning our RS birthday party.  This shouldn't be difficult, it should be fun and was totally shocked when I had someone overstep their bounds in making assignments without my knowledge assignments that were someone elses to give and then to be chastised for not doing the musice "right" according to the other.  I am trying to find peace and the faith I need to know how to work with these different even challenging personalities.  I know it will be fine in the end, but this journey has been difficult so far.  I am trying to find joy in the journey, isn't that what the saying is?

No comments:

Post a Comment