Thursday, March 29, 2012

MY WEDDING UN-HAPPINESS

SO THIS IS PART OF A MOTHERS LIFE IN WHICH SHE SHOULD FIND JOY AND HAPPINESS AND YET THAT IS NOT THE CASE WITH ME. JESSICA IS GETTING MARRIED IN AUGUST AND I AM AFRAID THAT IF I BLOG ABOUT IT THIS IS JUST GOING TO BECOME A PLACE FOR ME TO COMPLAIN AND BE DISCOURAGED. SHE WANTS EVERYTHING HER WAY BECAUSE SHE "DESERVES IT" AND DOESNT WANT TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY OR OFFER. I DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO THINK THAT I WANT THE WEDDING MY WAY, BUT THERE HAS TO BE BOUNDRIES, ONES WHICH SHE CANT ACCEPT RIGHT NOW , LIKE A $1200 WEDDING DRESS? AND I DONT WANT TO BE SHARING OUR CONFLICTS WITH THE WORLD. THEREFORE, I HAVE ASKED JEFF TO BE OUR WEDDING MEDIATOR AND I WILL NOT BE POSTING ANYTHING ABOUT THE WEDDING PLANS. WISH ME LUCK IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG RIDE TO AUGUST. BUT LIKE ALL GOOD MOTHERS DO, IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD I HAVE ALL THE PLANS READY TO BE PUT INTO PLACE WHEN THE DAY COMES AND JESSICA NEED MY HELP I WILL BE THERE.

1 comment:

  1. When I was getting married my mom and I used to joke around about it being "her" wedding! Don't get me wrong, she let me have a lot of say in things, but at the same time she was the one paying for it all. So I think in the end she had the final say. It's just a matter of finding the right balance and compromising on what you can.

    ReplyDelete