Thursday, October 27, 2011

NOT MUCH TO SPEAK OF...



It has been a slow "blog" news month. The first weekend in October a friend and I did a 5K walk/run which I really enjoyed. It was along the Snake River which is so pretty this time of year. I have been going to a total body conditioning class twice a week and yoga once a week and that has been keeping me busy after work. I am working really hard to get into shape for our exciting ski trip to ITALY in 2012. YEAH! (Did I say how excited I am? ...) I am so excited, and want to be in the best shape I can be so I can enjoy it without any aches and/or back pains. Back to the weather... the recent change in the weather has brought me inside and I think I am in the beginning stages of the dreaded winter hibernation. I don't find myself going outside enjoying the cool crisp fall days like I should and I'm staying in the house more, I think that has a lot to do with it getting darker earlier.
The temps have dropped dramatically this week, we had our first really hard freeze and the leaves dropped from the trees overnight, we are definetly headed towards winter. I've canned my applesauce and apple butter, pulled my sewing machine out and spent all day last Saturday sewing and watching countless re-runs of Chopped while Jeff played in the warm sun of Moab. My fireplaces are lit and have been turned on once or twice already, my sweats are now the after work attire of choice now and I have to admit that I do enjoy those things, but I do hate to see the nice weather come to an end. I am hoping that we actually see the forcasted temps in the 50's this weekend so that I will be able to get out for a good long walk/run. (I alway put/run because I am not really a runner, but I do a little to get my heart rate up) My goal for 2012 is a 5k for fun with no walking, we'll see. So as you can see it really has been a slow news month, but I am sure that there will be more to blog about coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment