Sunday, July 11, 2010

SATURDAY JOY RIDE?

Today Jeff and I went on a 4-wheel Drive ride with the local 4-wheel drive club on a trail called Tex Creek.  Unfortunately for Jeff I woke up on the grumpy side of the bed this morning and was so tired that all I wanted to do was stay in bed, but I knew that Jeff wanted to take the jeep out for a ride.  This summer is somehow getting away from us and we just haven't done the things we would like to do.  I started out having a difficult time going out because in the back of my mind all I could think about was all the things at home that I needed to do and wanted to do and I was out in the middle of what looked like nowhere.  However, as the day progressed I found myself starting to enjoy the ride, (but would'nt tell Jeff that :)  One thing I have come to learn about guys is that they like to stop and contemplate where they should go and how they should do it and these little pow-wows take time.  So I decided that I would try to take some pictures of the wildflowers on the trail, they were so pretty.  I know I need to work on my photography skills and keep thinking I should get a new camera, but in reality all I need to do is learn how to use the one I have better.  This trail ride encompassed many different scenerios, we went from thick foilage and having to cut trees off the trail, to beautiful scenery at the top of the mountian, to mud holes deep as the bottom of the bumper to dust bowl roads where you couldn't see the vehicle in front of you.  We ended up on a trail that they said was a trail, but looked to me that no one had been on it for a long time and finally a "creek" crossing that unnerved me because it looked more like a river and I was afraid we would either fall in a deep hole or get washed down the river, fortunately neither happened and we found the other side just in time to be attacked by mosquitoes.  Does this sound fun yet?  Well  in the end we finished up and got off the trail right before the rain came and yes today when I look back at it, it was fun, kinda, ha, ha.  Ok it was!

3 comments:

  1. sad we missed out:( Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds similar to the trip Nate took with our girls this weekend on the 4-wheeler. I think I'm glad I wasn't there because I know there is more danger than he lets on. They went up Fall Creek Road. Anyway, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing... I never asked you how the pulled pork turned out (wow that was probably a month ago now). Hope you liked it, we're having that for dinner tonight. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete